Rhapsody In Blue

Instead of working this morning, I decided to tool around online and see if there are any performances upcoming in Vancouver that I want to see.

Yes. Yes, there are.

The VSO is doing Rhapsody In Blue, which is one of my absolute faves and has been for years. I love it. Gershwin is, undeniably, a genius. I have wanted to see a performance of this for ages. So, naturally, I instant messaged my coworker (we have kind of a Finer Things Club. It consists of the two of us; we're awesome like that) and asked if she wants to come with me. Of course she does! So, February 6th, we're going to see it. The best part? I somehow managed to get us seats in the orchestra level, in the fourth row!! For $25!!! It's almost criminal, really.

Does this deserve its own blog? Probably not. But I'm excited for this. Maybe unnaturally so.

But then again...How could I not be?