Just A Ph(r)ase

There are certain phrasings in songs that make the line. Some artists are genius at it- changing the entire tone of the song with a phrasing. Good phrasing can drag you into a song even if you don’t know that’s what it’s doing.

As silly as it sounds, if a great part of a song comes on, I can close my eyes and just vibe out on it- it makes me smile when I can pinpoint a phrase. It feels like it’s my little secret that I notice and no one else does. However, some things are just too good not to share….

Some of my faves, to name very few…:

“Got time, but I don’t mind” JT, Rock Your Body 0:28
“If you could only” John Mayer, Say. 1:25
“Give me a tin roof, a front porch, and a gravel road” Little Big Town, Boondocks. 2:30
“I know how hard it is to give your love away, but baby it’s safe” Marc Broussard, Come In From The Cold. 1:22
“Why can’t we just trust each other, you can’t hate me and be my lover” John Legend, Again. 2:46
“I’m in love with a girl who’s in love with the world” Amos Lee, Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight. 1:45
“You’ve got me on a natural high” India Arie, Beautiful Surprise. 0:55
“I’m gonna sing my way away from blue” John Mayer, I’m Gonna Find Another You. 1:00
“Please” Marvin Gaye, Distant Lover (live version). 2:52
“You don’t look much like a man from where I’m at” Miranda Lambert, More Like Her. 2:11
“Baby, don’t you be so mean” Ne-Yo, Can We Chill, 0:18