Shouldn't it be Easier?

I am writing a song right now (first one in ages) that was born out of reading the liner notes for Continuum. The center of the booklet is a page of the inside of a studio, with “this is what my heart looks like” written with an asterisk.

The concept is amazing to me- to be able to define what the inside of yourself looks like.

So I started writing. And I am completely stuck. I want so badly to complete the chorus (maybe one of the best I’ve ever written), but I cannot think of the right word to fill out the lyrics.

Deepest? Darkest? Most fucked up (then we run into syllable problems…)…?

What is the one word/thing/idea/ that I can say is defines me completely. I have no clue. Not even the most remote idea. Even as I read the options I have written down, none of them seem right to occupy that 2-syllable space.

Books can guide you but your heart defines you (says Jay Z)….but how do you define your heart?