Now I Want Some More

Hey, D'Angelo. It's me. Big fan. Just sitting here on a Sunday night, drinking wine and writing a bit. Have some music on. Neosoul: You, Maxwell, The RH Factor, Erykah. A little Anthony Hamilton, 'cause...Well, you know.

And Brown Sugar comes on.

You know what happens to me when Brown Sugar comes on? Aside from some Stevie Wonder-inspired head movements and putting my hand in the air? I think about how nice it'd be if you released some new music.

Look, I know you've got your problems; we all do. It's just that the music...That'll help you, won't it? I mean, someone of your talent doesn't just lose it. Sure, it's been a while and, for real, some people might have forgotten about you. But not all. Some of us still listen to Voodoo on our headphones and marvel at the near-perfection. Some of us think the climax of Send It On is possibly the best part of any song, ever.

Some of us are patiently waiting on James River. Great title, by the way. How's that coming along?