I Want to be a Wrecker

I took advantage of a very rainy Saturday and played guitar literally until my fingers bled. Well, they wouldn't have bled if I hadn't cut my pinky on one of the strings, but that's not the point.

The point is I played, and wrote. Because I had the desire to, not because I felt like I should.

I came up with a couple melodies for ideas that have been swimming around in my head for a while. I just hadn't been inspired enough to actually sit down and get it out until now. I'm not saying the songs are incredible, but they exist in a space outside my mind, which is a pretty good feeling.

Then yesterday, for some reason, I went to the Wreckers' myspace page. I don't know what made me do it. I just felt compelled to check it out. And now I'm addicted to their song 'Tennessee'. I love it. It's....the kind of song I want to write. I wish I had written it. "I can guarantee/things are sweeter in Tennessee." Simple and moving. That's how I want to write. There doesn't have to be a hidden meaning or metaphor. Just say what you mean.

I want to write a song about every state. Tennessee, I already have something worked out in my head for. I've got Colorado on paper already (just this weekend!), Carolina would be easy.....Kind of like a musical road trip.

Yes, I'm that crazy.