In No Particular Order...

There are a few songs that, no matter how many times I’ve heard them, I simply cannot skip over.

The songs vary in huge ways. Different genres, artists, styles, tones, topics. Whatever it is that makes me stop and listen, every single time, I couldn’t tell you.

I have a friend from college, an incredible musician, who could never skip over a song or stop it dead. If he wanted to skip, he’d fade out the volume then skip. If he was turning off his stereo, he’d fade out the volume and hit stop. His explanation was that every song and artist deserved the respect of not being cut off.

I’m not that serious about it. I will skip 20 songs in a row on those days when iTunes – always on random - isn’t reading my mind (which I’m convinced it does sometimes).

One of my favourite things to do with iTunes is to select artists and albums to create a mix for the day, based on my mood. Very rarely will I just let all the artists and albums play through on random.

I did today. All artists. All albums. The very eclectic 1366 songs. Just play.

Of the songs that are on my iTunes at work, these are the top 22 I can never skip, in no particular order. Why 22? I cut the list down from about 35, and these are the ones I absolutely refused to remove.

Lesson Learned- Alicia Keys feat. John Mayer
Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight- Amos Lee
Part II- Brad Paisley
So Small- Carrie Underwood
Go- Common feat. John Mayer
Like A Star- Corrine Bailey Rae
Stay Away- Dave Barnes
Sophisticated Lady- Ella
If I Were Your Woman- Gladys Knight
Steamroller- James Taylor
Frontin’- Jamie Cullum
99 Problems- Jay-Z
Little Wing- Jimi
I’m Old Fashioned- Coltrane
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room- John Mayer
Back To You- John Mayer
Through The Wire- Kanye
Diamonds From Sierra Leone- Kanye
French Café- Marc Broussard
Heavenly Day- Patty Griffin
Kwah/Home- RH Factor feat. Anthony Hamilton
Uptight (Everything’s Alright)- Stevie

This is quite possibly the most manic and disjointed playlist ever. If we're using the High Fidelity rule of mixtapes, John Cusack would not approve.