More to Love

I have loved (lovedlovedloved) Brian McKnight since I was 14 years old. I found a used copy of Anytime at a flea market, and I have no idea why I bought it, but it was $3.

The. Best. $3. I. Ever. Spent.

It began a love affair. Brian McKnight is an artist whose albums I own all of. Other kids were listening to Sugar Ray (ew) and I was belting out Anytime in my bedroom. Other kids were buying Nirvana albums, and I was singing Back At One for singing competitions.

Probably my all time favourite song of his is 6, 8, 12. Just a beautiful, brilliant, painful song that hits my heart every time I hear it.

And then, thanks to the vortex that is Youtube, I found a video of Brian and his two sons singing this song. Talk about being born with a gift. And yes, I'm talking about all of them. I mean, there's no doubt about Brian's talent. He's a musical genius, and I don't throw that around lightly.

But I've been sitting here, listening to this over and over again for the last 40 minutes, and I have goosebumps. There is nothing - nothing - better than smooth vocal harmonies...

Brian McKnight and his sons - 6, 8, 12 & The Rest of My Life