I'm OK in the Background

I want to be Marc Broussard's backup singer. I've decided. More than anyone else's, I want to be his.

For a long time (think - since the age of 13) I have wanted to be a backup singer. If you think about it, it's a great deal. You get to be on stage every night doing what you love. You get to travel and see things and be a part of someone's success. But, you don't have to deal with any of the garbage that comes along with it. Interviews and decisions and pressure. You just get on stage, do your thing, go to your bunk on the bus, and wait 'till the next show.

When I was younger, people like Vince Gill, Garth Brooks, and other assorted country acts were the artists I wanted to sing for/with. As I got older, it was John Mayer and Jason Mraz.

Now it's Marc Broussard. Hands down.

That soul crooner, funky, old school R&B jam feel. I would wear a black dress and stand behind the mic stand and harmonize with him every night. I can picture myself on stage singing the breakdown at the end of Hard Knocks. Or the Sarah Bareilles part in Why Should She Wait.

That is my dream job.