My Dream

The title has a double meaning...

Last night (sometime during the three hours of sleep I got) I had an awesome dream that I really wish would come true.

It was very 'movie musical'-esque. I was at a smoky jazz bar with some friends, just listening to a trio play sultry music in the background. I went to the bar, ordered a dry gin martini with a twist (almost always my choice of martini, for the record), and leaned against the dark wood on my elbow while watching the musicians do their thing.

Then I took my martini glass, got onto the stage, turned my back to the crowd and told the band the name of a song, and they started playing. The only thing is, it was a song that pretty much no one else in the world would know about. But, in my dream, they did. And I sang it. I mean, I sang it. I sang it like I was born to be on that stage, singing that song, sipping from a martini while the pianist took a solo.

It was amazing. It was a glimpse into a life I will never get to live....