The Playlist

A while ago, I promised to post my 'celebrity playlist', despite the fact that I am far from a celebrity. I just love music.

I didn't anticipate how hard it would really be.

I started out with a huge list of my favourite songs.

And then I rethought it all.

Favourite songs are one thing. Songs that changed my life are very much another.

Now, not all of these songs have changed my life. Some of them just five me that feeling that I talk about so often.

And OK, yeah, some of them are just really good songs that I happen to love.

I'm not going to post all the songs at once, because the list + description would mean that this post would be the longest blog in history (I don't know if that's true, but let's go with it).

I'll post a few songs a day as I narrow down my choices. I sat in a coffee shop yesterday and sipped an Americano and wrote out a few. Felt good to get them down on paper with pen...

Lover, You Should Have Come Over, Jeff Buckley

I start with this because this is hands down, my absolute favourite song of all time. NO song effects me like this song. None. No song trumps this one. This might be - in my opinion - the most perfectly crafted song I've ever heard.
For ages - years, really - I couldn't listen to Grace all the way through without crying. It was from a multitude of things. His voice, his lyrics, his...everything. But most notably, it was just pure sadness over the world being robbed of hearing what else Jeff Buckley was capable of. But also because of the falsetto BGV's and raw, pure emotion and heartbreak in this song. Listen to it at 4:30.
This song changed me. It honestly did. I can't even explain in what ways it did, but the beauty of it is that I don't need to explain it. That change just happened.