I Need to be Inspired

Lately, I haven't been able to write anything worth reading. It's true. I can't come up with original ideas or finish the original ideas I have come up with. It's frustrating, and it makes me angry, and then I can't do anything but stare at the screen.

I think I've pinpointed the problem, and it's a little depressing. I haven't felt anything. I've been going through the motions for a while, just letting things happen and going about my work, but I haven't been affected by anything enough for me to feel it. Sure, there's music, that's a given, but nothing has jumped out at me and grabbed me lately. A few good lines here or there, but that's it.

I'm going away this weekend for work, and I'll be away from a computer the entire time. I'm not going to check email or sit in front of empty pages waiting for me to put words on them. I'm hoping the little break will do me some good. Just step back, regroup, breathe, allow myself to create when it comes, rather than trying to force it.

Now, I doubt Saskatoon is the most inspiring place, and I'll be working the entire time, but it'll still be nice to just get out of Vancouver and get a little change of scenery.

Here's hoping something inspires me.

2 Responses to I Need to be Inspired

  1. Jo says:

    awh, im really sad you haven't been inspired. but. hopefully that will change. cause i know what its like to see stuff day in and out, and then all of a sudden, you SEE things again. you see the flowers blooming, you see your best friend SMILING. you hear your dog running around in the yard... you get that zest back, ya know? so i hope you get what your looking for. and i hope you find it. && i'll be ever so INpatiently waiting at my PC for the little '1' to pop up and say i have a new email, saying you updated.

    xoxo, jo <3

  2. Maygen says:

    don't worry about it really. i go through that phase all the time. where the words dont flow through your fingertips like they should have and everything seems like a joke, a senior prank, being pulled on you.

    its not a big deal.


    go back and find out what made you, you, and you'll get your creativity back.

    recently i've been inspired by the limerick throwdowns and the sgp creativity scale.

    i think you're a phenomenal writer, so take your time and get your mojo back :)