New Music

So, yesterday was a Tuesday, which means new music day. Usually, I like to wait until the end of the week so I can read tons of reviews before purchasing albums, but I'm at the point with a few artists, where I just know that I will buy (and like) the albums no matter what kind of reviews they get.

Here's what I bought. I went with the intention of buying three albums. Got a little carried away.

Rascal Flatts - Unstoppable
Missy Higgins - On a Clear Night
Gavin Degraw - Free
Keith Urban - Defying Gravity
Adele - 19
Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks

OK, so I'm sure it would surprise a lot of people that I didn't own this Adele record before now. Not gonna lie, I kind of hate myself for not buying it sooner. It's amazing. No doubt. Her voice is incredible, and I absolutely love her lyrics. She's fantastic, and this album is on repeat right now.

Keith Urban can do very little wrong. He's got a formula for his songs, and it works. Great voice, great guy. Adore him.

Rascal Flatts. This is one of those groups that you listen to and ask yourself, usually out loud, 'Why do I love these guys so much!?' I don't know the answer, and it really doesn't matter. Their songs are amazing, and they've got the half-fast country tune niche on lock. No one does a 'These Days' or a 'Holdin' On' like these guys do.

Missy Higgins. Another album that I wish I had sooner, but this one has been on order at my HMV forever, and it finally came in. Missy writes from a place I don't know how to get to, and it would bug me that I can't, but I know that even if I could go there, she'd still kick my ass, musically speaking.

Jordin Sparks. I wrote a blog like, a year ago, about wanting to buy this album, but not sure if I should. It was $10, so I added it to the stack. And I love it. Feel good music. Uplifting. She's freaking 17 and she can sing. The songs might be pure pop, but she does pure pop well. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Gavin. Gavin, to me, can do no wrong. Free feels good. I don't know if that makes sense, but it just feels...light. Great songs, great lyrics, stripped down production. I love everything about this album. "Good luck out there getting where you think you're headed for." Just one of the many lyrics in these nine songs that make me shake my head at his brilliance.

One Response to New Music

  1. Anonymous says:

    i really really REALLY want the new rascal flatts one. i forgot that band in my PM and i feel really bad cause i LOOOOOVE them. seriously. so yes.

    just thought you should know.

    Jo