Starbs

Or Starbucks, to most. I call it Starbs. It's a thing between my brother and sister and I.

Having no internet at home, well, it sucks. "I know, I'll just check and see where there's a Dairy Queen!" .... "Oh. No, I won't." I wanted a brownie batter blizzard (seriously? how delicious to those things look!?) and couldn't get to one. It's probably for the best, but anyway...

I'm rambling.

Bottom line is, I do not have internet at my house. This has led to me traveling to every Starbucks within a 20 minute drive from my house to use my two hours of free internet (or four, since I have two Starbs cards...way to cheat the system!) a day.

I used to hate sitting in Starbucks and trying to work. Or trying to do anything. I was an in and out kind of girl. Order my tall americano, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and get the hell out.

It's surprisingly calm to just sit at one of those little tables and people watch while I write. I found my favourite Starbs (in a bookstore about 10 minutes from my house). It's quiet, and they play a good mix of music, and the staff is friendly. The guy working yesterday even gave me a grande instead of a tall. Awesome!

Starbucks is an interesting place. Interesting employees, and interesting patrons. Ever watched Starbucks employees clean up behind the counter? I have. It's neat. Ever watched someone try to force a tall lid onto a grande cup? Hilarious! Ever watched someone complain about their tea just tasting like water? Then the barista rolling her eyes when the customer walked away? Amazing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it served me well to get out of my apartment this weekend and write somewhere other than on my sofa. And write, I did. I probably spent 6 hours at Starbucks this weekend, typing away and smiling at cute boys when they looked my way. It happened. Whatever.

Now, if I can just come up with a new story idea, I'll head back to Starbucks to write it...

Tall decaf mocha, please, and I'll type 10,000 words while I sit with my flip flops on the floor and my legs crossed on the chair.