I Actually do...

Know most of the years the albums in my collection were released. Not only that, but I remember the specific stores where I bought most of them, or the first time/place I listened, or who I was with or who influenced me to get the album.

Fun facts;

- I have a lot of albums from 1994. My brother and I have come to the conclusion (years ago after many drinks) that 1994 was the best year, musically speaking, in the 90's.
- I have every album released by several artists/bands. John Mayer, Jason Mraz, DMB (save for a few of their live ones), Ben Harper, Keith Urban, Brian McKnight, Usher, Kanye, Alicia Keys, Fall Out Boy, Marc Broussard, Dave Barnes, and more. Fun!
- I have more country albums than anything else, which actually surprised even me.
- There are albums that I desperately need to get, and I just made room for them. Some Hank Williams, Ani Difranco, a couple Patty Griffin, etc., etc. Is it weird that I pre-emptively add them to my collection before they're even purchased...?

I guess the point - if there is one - is that if you really take a good look at your collection (of anything...albums, books, clothes...I dunno...rocks) you can probably learn a lot about yourself. Maybe some new things, or maybe just reminders of things you may have lost sight of.

It's kind of fun.