Same Feeling, Different Words

Every once in a while, while I'm at work, I need a break. It's not abnormal. It's not strange. I don't feel guilty for checking out blogs I like or ichatting my friend pictures of actors I enjoy. It just breaks up the day, and makes me happy.

Happiness is something you need to grab onto in any way you can.

Mine, this morning, came in the form of Austin Nichols. I'm not going to lie, this isn't the first time.

There is one blog I follow pretty religiously, and it's listed on my page, here. He happens to write every now and again, and his latest words just about knocked me out of my chair.

"But something about that song JACKSON,
when John and June sang it, there is something in
there that knocks me out. It's like a bolt of lightning
struck my skull and penetrated straight to my heart.

Did a song ever do that to you?

What is it?

Name it.

It makes me want to cry and scream and laugh
and love a woman real real hard. All at once.

It makes me want to scream from the rooftops.
I hope everybody's been doin' some of that lately.

Get to it.

But more and more, people ask me questions and
I have learned to not answer them. Cause I can't
really speak the answer. But I feel it. And I do know it.

When something inspires you, it just does.
You don't have to describe it. In fact, I say, DON'T!!!!!"
I feel like he's saying exactly what I've been trying to say for so long, and in the process, he's still somehow saying, "It's OK! Stop trying to say it! No one else needs to know."

And yes, there are a ton of songs that do that to me. Many, many. But now I don't want to name them. I want them to myself. I don't want to have to justify that feeling now. I feel like I don't have to.

2 Responses to Same Feeling, Different Words

  1. Stephanie says:

    Hey... So I got your blog off of your fanfic... you are like my new best friend and you don't even know it!! Your writing is something I unbeleivably look forward to! Then I read your blog and discovered you too were a SoGo fan... have I seen you in the chat? Anyways, wanted to compliment the writing. The AU with Peyton moving into the house with Luke has me thourougly intrigued, so yeah, continue! Check out my blog, and maybe we can chat sometime!

    http://stephrainsrandomness.blogspot.com/

  2. Anonymous says:

    Hi! So yeah wanted to say that. This is um the chick with the really long name starts with moody from fanfic. It might have been waay faster to type out the name now that I think about it. Anyway saw you had a blog on your profile and was like OMG must check that out. And the first thing I read is you quoting Austin and I'm like. Didn't think it was possible but I love her even more. But yeah I just about love everything Austin says. It was so just amazing I don't even know the song he was talking about but I just understood. He astounds me.