JT to Deal

So, every summer since I've been a full time employee (this is my fourth. God, that makes me feel old) I have had what I affectionately call Hip Hop Fridays.

Fairly self-explanatory, but basically, on myTunes, I click the 'hip hop', 'r&b', and 'rap' genres, hit 'random', and let myTunes carry me through my Friday. A little Kanye, a little Aaliyah (Yes!), a little Estelle, etc., etc.

Today, however, has felt like a damn year. I went to Starbucks this morning, got back, and it was still only 10:00. I almost cried.

So after a while, even John Legend and The Roots weren't helping me.

I called in an old friend from back in the day. A boy who used to have a full head of blonde curls, geeky glasses, and bad clothes.

Justin Timberlake.

The thing about Justin is, he's fucking amazing. I'd try to be more eloquent, but let's be honest, the eff word totally needs to be thrown in there. It's the only thing that gets the point across.

Listening to Like I Love You and Senorita for the first time in a long time feels a lot like hearing it for the very first time, where you stop what you're doing (today, for me, that was admittedly very little) and you listen. I listened to all of the Justified album (twice) and was like - Oh, hell yes. This is what I need today!

And do yourself a favour, if you can, and listen to Losing My Way (off FutureSex/LoveSound) on headphones real loud. If you don't get chills when the choir comes in, there's something wrong with you.

And...If you (or hell, I) need a little help getting through Saturday and Sunday, too, this might do the trick...