Resisting Technology

OK, maybe not so much technology as the things that technology allows us to do.

When Facebook first got big, I was like, "This is the coolest! Now I can keep in touch with all those people who live so far away from me. Brilliant!"

And now, every single day, I contemplate deleting my account. Sure, Facebook has changed over the few years I've been using it, but it's also a matter of who I am 'friends' with. 200-some-odd people? Really? I have maybe, maybe 50 friends. Real friends who I talk to on a regular basis and actually communicate with. The rest of them, well, I wish the best, but don't need a status update about it every 3 hours.

And now there's Twitter. And the thing is, I kind of like going on there and checking out what other people are saying. Basically, Twitter is just a string of status updates. But they can be funny. I can check and see what Tyler Hilton is doing at this very moment (well, a moment close to it).

I'm reluctant to open an account though, because I feel like I'll end up feeling about Twitter like I do about Facebook. But I feel like I'm clever enough for Twitter, you know? Like I could put out some funny 'tweets' (I also think that term is ridiculous).

I don't know. Every day, I get a little bit closer to creating an account.

One Response to Resisting Technology

  1. Jo says:

    ohhh! get an account! haha. then i can follow you and you can follow meeeee! woooo. haha.

    yeah i'm kinda the same way. like, i'm a teenager, i HAVE to have facebook. so i do. and i honestly don't care whats going on with half of the 300 people i'm friends with. i use it to keep in touch with what, 10 friends? maybe? lol.. but i gotta say, out of those 10 friends, facebook is the ONLY reason i'm able to keep in touch with them. trying to catch a teenage GIRL, with tons of stuff going on, on the phone is practically impossible. so yeah. i lke it for that. and i gotta admit. some of my favorite quotes come from bumper stickers, haha. and i can upload pictures really qucikly to share with people and alllll. but yeah. i still check it a thousand times a day, just cause, haha.

    twitter. my best friend made me get one. & its pretty cool. i likey it. loool.

    wow. this was totally useless. oh well (: