I have been a music geek my whole life.

And I say that with as much affection as humanly possible.

I remember playing Nintendo with my brother, both of us more interested in humming or whistling the theme to SMB (Super Mario Brothers, of course) than getting power ups or beating the dragon. We were obsessed with this game, mostly because it was about one of four that we had. I got my brother a tee shirt a few years ago with a picture of a Gumba on it and the words "YOU LOSE" in block letters.

Yeah. We are awesome.

So when the commercial for the new SMB Wii game came on last night and the theme was playing, I kind of lost my mind a little bit. Then, random, but a friend of mine texted me "Google image search Music and see the crazy shit that comes up!" (that is verbatim.) So of course, I Google image search Music.

And look what came up!
Yes, that is the score for the SMB theme. And yes, I fully intend on learning to play this. And yes, I have already emailed it to my brother, and his response was merely "YES!"

I've talked about it before, these little musical coincidences that happen. They come up when you need a reminder, I believe. Apparently, I needed to be reminded of how it felt to be 8 years old, sitting in a bright pink beanbag chair, humming along to this song.

And you know what? It's a good kind of nostalgia.