Breakup Songs

So, you've probably been able to tell from former posts that I adore sad songs.

Sad, rip your heart out a little, make you cry songs. Amazing.

I think I love them so much because they just make you feel things a little deeper. Is there anything better than a breakup song? I mean, one of those really great breakup songs that make you go "fuck yeah!" when you listen to it. Like, "That's how I feel!"

Think Cry Me a River (JT), Slow Dancing in a Burning Room (JM), Leave (Josh Hoge), Cold as You (Taylor Swift), Somebody Knows You Now (Brad Paisley), Let Him Fly (Patty Griffin), Accidental Babies (Damien Rice)...I could go on and on.

Tyler Hilton has a great one. It's unreleased (as of yet), and called Don't Forget All Your Clothes.

Amazing way of talking about the end of a relationship.

Because you always, without fail, even after the ceremonial 'picking up of the things', find something the other person has left behind. A tee shirt, or a CD, or a Post It with their handwriting on it.

And really, no one needs those reminders. I don't want to find an Eels CD in my collection that he's left there. I don't want to see the beer he loved, but I don't drink, sitting in my fridge, or that weird hair wax in my bathroom.

Don't Forget All Your Clothes is great. "If you really want to go, leave nothing behind."

I just love the whole concept. Pretending not to be upset by the breakup, but still being hurt enough to not want any of that person's things in your space. Pretty intense.

I have pretty varied tastes, and I'll listen to pretty much anything. So I ask, what are some other amazing breakup songs I should check out?