Smiling

myTunes on random today, because I don't want to be tied down to a style. It's a beautiful, sunny Friday in Vancouver, and I'm watching boats pass from my office window.

And then Marc Broussard's Where You Are comes on, and I get a big 'ol goofy smile on my face. Seriously, how can you not smile when you hear this song?

First, the concept - I wanna be where you are. It's simple but so sweet and perfect. Basically the easiest way to tell someone you're into them. Just love that.

Then the lyric - Your touch is sweet as candy. Your kisses, they taste so fine.

This is one of those songs that sounds like summer. It sounds like driving with the windows down, the sun on your face as you sing along with the chorus.

I know I've said it before, but I love that music has this hold on me. Nothing else I've encountered in my life has the ability to flip my mood so quickly.