I Love to Alphabetize

Finally bought a new/bigger/better shelf for my CD's. It's pretty. It matches all the furniture in my apartment (thank you IKEA).

I spent all day alphabetizing. I LOVE alphabetizing. I have considered getting a part time job at HMV JUST so I can alphabetize. I am efficient and quick. If it makes me a geek to admit that I love alphabetizing, I don't care.

So, not only did I realize that I had about 20 CDs in the trunk of my car (so that's where Infinity on High was...), but I realized that my album collection looks a million times better when the CDs aren't just stacked on top of my stereo. I should have done this ages ago!

I have far more CDs than I even thought. Well over 300. And that's not counting some of the stuff I've gotten off iTunes and haven't burned to disc yet. That is insane. It's crazy to see the collection when they're all lined up in perfectly alphabetical order.

I made myself laugh on a couple occasions. For instance: Fall Out Boy, Lupe Fiasco, Ella Fitzgerald, Jamie Fox, Aretha Franklin, The Fray. And that's just the 'F's'. Fairly eclectic.

So my CDs look so pretty now, that all I want to do is stare at them. I am a huge dork, but it's so true. It's like, my life's work all compiled and sitting on an affordable and easy to assemble shelf. Seriously, it looks amazing.

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday, if you ask me.