Taylors.

Think of this as two blogs in one.

I love James Taylor. Anyone who knows me, knows this. I had the chance to see him this past summer, and I wrote about it, but for some reason never posted...Very odd. Anyway, I found this on my computer when searching for something else, and thought I'd share.

"I had the good fortune of seeing James Taylor in concert in July. I have been a fan since I was young and heard Fire and Rain for the first time. I was probably the only 16 year old girl with a cassette tape of his greatest hits playing in her first car.

Covering everyone from Elvis, to Buddy Holly, to George Jones, to the Dixie Chicks, Taylor somehow made every song feel like it was one he wrote. Perhaps the best cover was Oh, What a Beautiful Morning from Oklahoma! Here, you felt - literally felt - the talent and emotion in his voice and those of his hand-selected backing vocalists.

The sound was incredible. For a large venue, the sound tech somehow made it feel like you were listening to the entire show through headphones- that rich tone that fills your ears.

For me, this was one of those rare moments when you see someone and think to yourself, "here is someone who Gets It." Taylor knows his place in the world. In the music world at least. 40 years into a career and he still knows who he is and makes no apologies for it. His voice is absolutely flawless, and he plays his small body Martin like it's what he's meant to do. And really? It is what he's meant to do."

I can't even really describe how amazing that concert was. Words don't do it justice. In fact, that's probably why I didn't post this in the first place.

And now, I am listening to Ben Taylor (James' son). I have his cover of Macy Gray's I Try on repeat. Just incredible. I honestly always hated this song. Hated it. Hated Macy Gray, hated this song, would have been content never to hear it again.

But this cover reminds me that nearly every song can be good when performed the right way. Arrangement, vocals, production - it all comes together to create the song. I went back and listened to Macy Gray's version...still hated it.

I suppose the kid is blessed - to be the offspring of James Taylor and Carly Simon. Was there any chance of him not being a great musician?

Ben Taylor - I Try

Just wonderful.