If I may...

Do you ever get the feeling that every person you talk to is just waiting for you to finish talking so that they can talk about themselves? That's kind of what I'm dealing with right now. And the thing is? I'm the one feeling selfish! It makes me feel bad to want to get a word or two in. It's not like I want a stage and a microphone and a captive audience, I just don't want to feel bad for bringing up my own points.

But as my friend put it today when we were talking about this (she's going through the same thing): "Didn't you realize you aren't allowed to have problems?"

I'm a relatively private person. I don't like to share all my business, and I don't exactly offer up information about myself unless I'm asked (this blog excluded). That doesn't mean that I don't want to talk about anything ever. It's exhausting - legitimately draining - to listen to people talk about themselves all the time.

I could never be a therapist.

One Response to If I may...