Continuum

Had a very strange day today, and it threw me off balance. It happens sometimes. Weird encounters and weird phone calls and just...weirdness.

I needed something to restore the balance, and I needed something I could be in control of. So I grabbed my keys and got in my car. Driving always clears my head, and something about having my hands on the wheel and being the one who makes all the choices (with very few variables) is ridiculously empowering and soothing to me.

I drove my favourite route along the ocean with the windows down and John Mayer playing. I don't exaggerate when I say that his music can get me through anything. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to Continuum. I honestly don't know. A staggering amount, whatever it is.

Tonight, I turned Gravity up real, real loud and let myself believe that maybe I finally know the place JM was in when he wrote that song; a song I've loved since first listen. (It's wanting more that's gonna send me to my knees.)

Tonight, Stop This Train seemed to hit my heart a little more than usual. (So scared of getting older. I'm only good at being young.)

Tonight, In Repair was kind of like a promise that (not now, but soon) I'll be able to listen to that song and have it mean what it's supposed to mean. (I'm not together, but I'm getting there.)

So the music did exactly what I hoped it'd do. I didn't have a lot of hope that it would, to be honest. I should have had more faith in John.